Top Ten Safest Countries In The World To Live Or Travel
Do you have any idea about top 10 Safest Countries of the world?
Most of the people in every part of world are stressed because of their daily working life. All they need to do is to take a break from work and spend some enjoyable moments with family and friends at a peaceful place. When we think about this kind of foreign trip first question comes to our mind is that the country we’re going to visit is safe or not. People feel scared and terrified with the thought of settling down to a strange country because of fear of insecurity. So when you plan to shift in a foreign country the very first thought comes to your mind is that if its a kind of place where one can live peacefully.
Do you know which countries are the top 10 safest countries in the world? If don’t then no worries as there are few countries where you will feel secure and can live a peaceful life. The United Nations published its annual Human Development Report, which ranks the countries where people live long and healthy lives or the countries that are best to live in. Below given list, the list of Top Ten Safest Countries In The World, can help you make decisions perfectly as it is based on facts and figures. Read on to check it out.
Top Ten Safest Countries In The World
1. Iceland :- It is the number one safest country in the world. People come here to admire the serenity and purity of nature as Iceland is well known for its frosty climate, impressive attractions, glaciers, hot springs, and of course for the crime rate. Iceland does not have any standing army. Instead, it has the rescue teams moving around. Even the pettiest crimes like pickpocket, wallet snatching are nonexistent in this country.
Iceland has been considered one of the top developed countries worldwide. With an unbelievable per capital income, Iceland is the wealthiest place in the world. Come and settle down in Iceland and enjoy the calm and peaceful life. Social welfare system and government policies are ranked number one by the specialists.
2. Norway :- Scandinavian country Norway ranked highest in life expectancy, education, and standard of living for the twelfth consecutive year. Because of the Norway’s robust healthcare system, the average life expectancy is 82 years. It is a great nation with an excellent record of human respect and personal freedom. People love to settle down or visit this peaceful and spectacular country. Low crime rates make it an ideal place to live. With the neatly maintained towns and villages, and mesmerizing beauty of mountains and valleys, it is like paradise in the world.
Norway has a total area of 385,252 square kilometers (148,747 sq mi) and a population of 5 213 985 (May 2016). It has both administrative and political subdivisions on two levels: counties and municipalities. Norway has extensive reserves of petroleum, natural gas, minerals, lumber, seafood, fresh water, and hydro power, and on a per-capital basis, it’s the world’s largest producer of oil and natural gas outside the Middle East. This country has topped the Legatum Prosperity Index for seven years in a row as of 2015. So Norway is one of the best countries for those who need a peaceful healthy life as it’s ranking at number two on the list of top 10 safest country of the world to live in.
3. Denmark :- It is not only the homeland of gender equality but also a country with non-tolerance of violation of human rights. This small country had faced many serious issues due to crime and terrorism at a certain point of time but it has successfully tackled all those problems and today it proudly stands at number three on the list of safest countries in the world.
Starting from the year 2012, Denmark regularly reserves its place on the list of the happiest country too and irrespective of its small size, it has many things to offer in terms of outdoor, sports, coastline and culture.
4. Finland :- As Finland is one of the Nordic-style countries, it is known for its high regard for the civil liberty, democracy, and human rights. This country never fails to rank high in all the lists that talk about the national performance metrics because of its nature-friendly environments, low crime rate, and stable economy. Most common punishments given to the people who are involved in crimes are probation, fines and community services.
By providing the compulsory education to all its citizens and expats who have got residency in Finland, the country has the 100% literacy rate. It is an outstanding country with rich folklore and great tradition. The beautiful landscapes and eye-catching structures make this rich country a favorable place to settle down or spend vacation. Because of great safety standards and high regards to democracy, Finland grabs the fourth position on the list of top 10 safest country of the world to live in.
5. Austria :- When it comes to rate the countries on the basis of highest level of securities, then Austria peaks in the top few. People of this country have love for music and culture that makes it a peaceful country to live or travel. Population of this country is low, and it possesses a rich folk culture. You would be happy to know that Austria’s cities are clean, mostly covered with the snow covered Alps.
Austria is popularly known as “The land of Music“ and It has produced many great musicians to the world. It maintains a well managed Integrated public transportation systems. Railways connect the major cities while the bus routes connect most of the smaller towns with major rail networks. Austria ranks at number 5 on the list of top 10 safest country of the world to live in.
6. Switzerland :- This country is not only famous for world-class watches and chocolates but also recognized as the 6th safest country in the world because of good law and order conditions here. The metro cities like Geneva, Bern, and Zurich are the safest places to live peacefully. Well-functioning government of this country is known for keeping the violence, political issues and the unemployment rate at a record low.
Besides to the diversities found among the local population, Switzerland welcomes the outsiders with open arms. High quality of life and incredible natural beauty tempts people to settle down here. It may surprise you that one third of total Switzerland population is made of people who have born outside of this country. Low crime rate, and strong economy make Switzerland rank at number six on the list of most peaceful and safest countries in the world.
7. New Zealand :- when one talks about New Zealand we get an image of an outstandingly beautiful country. Nature lovers praise it for the untouched beauty. However it brings highly modernized lifestyle and incredible progress because of political stability, and low conflicts. Generally these people want keep themselves free from community strife and personal violence.
New Zealand’s strict laws and tough punishments are yet another reasons for their low crime rate.Because of the multicultural society and respect to the human values, New Zealand becomes the 7th safest country in the world. Nature lovers praise it for the untouched beauty. Grandiose mountains, green meadows, frozen glaciers all these wonders decorate this Island like a heaven on earth.
8. Sweden :- It is one of those very few countries that have a great respect to the human rights. with breathtakingly beautiful landscapes, Sweden is a peaceful and calm place to live a happy life. Incredible mix of modern cities bustling with life and pristine natural beauty makes this country very special.
Though Sweden is a big exporter of weapons but experts rate it the 8th safest country to visit/settle down because of high respect for individual rights and low levels of crime percentage, it is a country of choice for tourists from across the globe.
9. Czech Republic :- This European country attracts people from all over the world for its magnificent capital city “Prague” and its breathtaking nature. Czech Republic is declared as “A Country With Very High Human Development“ by HDI in 2009.
Cost of living is much cheaper and rate of crime is very low in Czech Republic. Transportation system of this country is well managed and very punctual. It ranks at number nine on the list of most peaceful and safest countries in the world to live or travel.
10. Canada :- No doubt that this country is one of the safest destinations to settle-down or travel with flexible immigration policy and remarkable support by the government. Canada is counted as one of the top nations for human rights and tolerance, and it boasts the amazingly multicultural society too.
Here all the citizens can continue with their traditional beliefs and lifestyle. Let’s talk about law in this country. The crime rates are low, and the law and order are stringent. Canada secures last but not the least, the 10th place, on the list of most peaceful and safest countries in the world to live or travel with a truly cosmopolitan culture of major towns and cities where more than two-third of the population resides.